Thursday, May 27, 2010

Marry Me, J.R.R. Tolkien

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
-Haldir of Lothlorien in The Fellowship of the Rings

2 comments:

  1. That is a great quote, my darling... and I loved it. And I am grateful for the short spurts of fantasy that TLOTR is providing you amidst the madness of that place. But can I have a story or two about your day to day life? I know you think it is mundane and oh, so ordinary and boring, but even when you sleep, surely God is at work with-in you being over there among those amazing girls (and lady boys) at the center, the extrodinary staff who minister to them, and all those long and short term missionaries that you are serving with. I am so gratelful God gave me you, and I find it dificult to go even a single day withoug wanting to tell you in person. You amaze me, Katie. I love you like crazy... xoxoxoxo mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete