Sunday, May 16, 2010

Highlights

Last Thursday was the first day that the spa was open! (Ok, so you walk in and there is the shop where they sell all the Daughters-made products, and then in the back there is a small room where my girls give pedicures, manicures, and massages, and then upstairs is where the cafe will be!) The girls got their first real customer who came in and got a manicure because she had heard about Daughters and the new shop. My spa girls were just so excited to be there and were positively beaming with pride over their new official profession. They set up all their nail polish just so on their trays and kept rearranging the massage chairs. :) It's really happening! And I get to be here to watch their transition between practicing at the center and really being a professional at the shop. I was so proud of them I bought them all Daughters-made brownies and they all gave me big hugs and kept telling me I was sa-aat (beautiful). Those little rascals! I'm supposed to be telling them THEY'RE beautiful! The cafe girls are my favorite too- they LOVE to cook and are super funny. (Did I ever tell you that it is one of my dreams to open a cafe in a foriegn country, make delicious treats, and employ ex-prostitutes in order to give them a better life? Well... it is. AND I'M SEEING IT REALLY WORK!!!)

This weekend I watched the 2nd season of the Office, ate brownie sundays at a cafe while reading Lord of the Rings, went to church, and hung out with the Canadian girls. Good times.

PRAYER REQUEST:
There is this nasty cold thing going around and I've been trying to fight it as best as I can (taking Airborne, getting lots of sleep...) but my throat is getting funky... I feel like it could start getting sore any minute. No sickies please!

p.s. the ichies have gone away! hehe! Thanks prayer bears!

5 comments:

  1. No no NO Sickness allowed... CLAIM IT in the name of JESUS!!! I LOVE YOU!!! So glad that you had a great and relaxing weekend. Love you so much, and am so stinkin proud of you! Will keep in touch as I travel...this so planned by God becuase vacationing will keep me pre-occupied from missinig you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got rid of the itchies, now you got the sickies...hey we can make a song about that...lol good thing I am not over there leading the music dept....MUSIC..oh the concert...my fathers gonna kill me (what movie?)

    I am so proud of you and I am so excited for the girls and their very first customer!! I would be excited about the brownie..but that's just me. LOL Just Kidding! Wow, that is so amazing. Too bad you cant take pictures...but you are an awesome artist so get to drawing. I am always praying for you. Every sunday I go to the alter and interseed for you. I pray everyday and I cant wait to hear your voice again. So excited and stinkin proud of you. Love you so much. Dont worry about the sickies. It takes you body a week or so to get used to the new enviornment so the sickies are expected but you already know that. We will keep your health in prayer this week. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH I MUST MEET RANAE. she is just like you. + a little of my ADD. :) katie, you're fantastic. i love that you're having time for yourself with michael scott and legolas :) i'm finally almost done with the fellowship!! what up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie Stinkin Tam. I am praying for you. I am so excited for you on your adventure from God. I know you're doing good and giving those girls such a wonderful look into God's Grace. I'm pumped to hear your stories and listen to how God has moved you.

    ReplyDelete